|Title:||Assistant Editor (Web) – one position|
|Location:||New Delhi, India|
|Job Type:||Full time|
|Deadline:||31 October 2017|
Company Description: The Caravan occupies a singular position among Indian magazines. Its stories present a unique mix of detailed reportage and lively and vivid writing, with a commitment to the art of storytelling, whether the subject is politics, culture or art.
The Caravan is published by the Delhi Press Group, one of India’s leading publishers. Started in 1939, Delhi Press today publishes 33 magazines in 10 languages.
– Working with the web team to recruit new freelance writers and solicit pitches for The Caravan’s web-exclusives platform, Vantage
– Commissioning pieces for Vantage and working with other editors and writers to put them through The Caravan’s rigorous editorial process with an emphasis on a quick turn-around time
– Maintaining an evolving and current bank of stories and ideas
– Staying up to speed on news and current events, especially in the areas of politics, culture and society
– Importantly, as a member of the editorial team, to be a keen observer and fast learner of Indian politics, culture and society
– Generating ideas to increase The Caravan’s presence and engagement on social-media platforms
Candidates should have at least three years of editing experience, preferably in newspapers or news websites. Editors with experience in book publishing or feature journalism are also encouraged to apply. Candidates should have an editorial instinct for news and an interest in working with writers from diverse backgrounds. The applicant should demonstrate top-notch editing skills, sound judgment and an enthusiasm for The Caravan’s commitment to improving the quality of writing and reporting in India. We encourage those from marginalised groups to apply.
The New Delhi office is a small shop, with the environment of a start-up, and therefore requires team players with a willingness to be flexible.
This is a full-time position. Night, holiday, and weekend work may be required.
Please send in a résumé, two writing samples, a detailed statement on your editing experience along with two references (with names and contact information) and a cover letter to Vinod K Jose, Executive Editor, at email@example.com. The subject line should read “Assistant Editor (Web) — 2017.” Deadline for the applications is 31 October 2017.